All too often we celebrate the "big things," while overlooking the numerous "little things" that add such joy to our days. I was reminded of this the other day when Christian eyed the birthday cakes and cupcakes at our local grocery store for the umpteenth time. I am frugal by nature; the prices of these cakes literally make my skin crawl. However, Daniel urged me to get one for him "just because." You should have seen his eyes when he got to pick out a treat from the bakery. Granted, we wound up with only a specialty cupcake, but my son was delighted. Therefore, this week we celebrated our first "un-birthday," a day that is not our birthday but is a special day because God created it.
The "Un-Birthday" Celebration
Therefore, the remainder of this post will highlight the simple, everyday moments that add so much depth to my days.
Playing in the Rain
The Drooling Smiles
Taking Rest Breaks
The Goofy Moments
Sweet Friends
Watching My Boys "Play"
Sharing Childhood Delights
The Energetic and Expressive Wiggles
Although being a mother is one of the toughest jobs around, I would not swap positions with anyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment