I will never forget when Christian saw his brother's IV. We called the IV fluid baby Gatorade and Christian clearly saw it was going into Andrew's hand. As any four-year-old would, he asked "Why?" Scrambling to come up with a suitable answer, I said the IV was like a straw. Christian quizzically looked at it and said, "He is drinking through his hand?" And then not two seconds later, he was making funny faces into a mirror the nurse had previously provided. Apparently, the answer was acceptable.
My wonderful son has tried to be a "happy helper." Yes, tantrums and frustrations have erupted at times but his sweet disposition is also ever present. The other day, I was fussing at him to focus on the task at hand and he was moving like molasses. My patience was being tried. Moments later my heart changed instantly. Christian proudly ran up to me and said, "Momma, I felt the whites; they are dry! Where can I find a basket so I can change the laundry?" I wanted to weep, knowing my small son was trying to help his mommy.
Thank you, Lord, for a son with such a sensitive heart who loves serve others; may this never be squelched.
Easter Egg Hunt
2013
2013
No comments:
Post a Comment