Monday, February 18, 2013

My Heart Leaps for Joy

Last night as I was watching my two favorite guys having "baseball practice" in our back yard, the Scripture David wrote so long ago resonated in my soul..."my heart leaps for joy, and I will give thanks to Him" (Psalm 28:7).  It was such a tender moment between father and son; I was grateful I was able to witness it. 

After church, Daniel asked Christian if he wanted to go play catch.  Of course, the answer was an emphatic YES!  They put on their jackets, tennis shoes, and gloves, and headed outdoors.  To watch our little son try to emulate his daddy's every move almost brought me to tears.  And Daniel, knowing this was the case and trying to teach our son proper form, broke down the basics of throwing, catching, and hitting the ball.  Daniel's love language is definitely not words of affirmation; however, he made sure he praised our son liberally.  The "practice" ended with Mommy and Christian fielding grounders.  As we were walking back into the house, Daniel swept Christian off his feet in a massive bear hug and said, "Great job, Buddy!  I love you!"  I don't think my son's face could have radiated more happiness than it had it did right then.  

Lord, thank you so much for the blessings of these men in my life!





1 comment:

Emily Fiore said...

So precious! Almost brought me to tears!