Sunday, January 13, 2013

Random Musings...

This post consists of random musings from a woman who definitely has a case of pregnancy brain. Therefore, read at your own risk! 
  • I cannot help but smile at the fact that as one’s pregnancy is made known, people’s tongues are loosened and filters are dropped. In the same afternoon, I was told that “pregnancy makes my butt look good” and that “dietitians should not be fat.” The second comment, thankfully, was said in jest.
  •  
  • Pregnancy pants/clothes are not as exciting the second time around. I just resigned myself to the fact that maternity wear is inevitable this pregnancy. Prior to this week, I was only wearing the occasional maternity shirt or pants.
  •  
  • Contractions are peculiar sensations. Even though this is my second pregnancy, I never remember having "standard" contractions with Christian; I endured back labor. I began having contractions at week 22; my doctor and friends assure me this is completely normal.
  •  
  • I am soaking up every moment I can with my precious son, knowing that he is going to have to share my attention with the little one in a couple of months.
  •  
  • The only thing that compares to the abounding energy of my son is the number of question he asks.  It is reported that the average four-year-old asks over 437 questions daily. Even though Christian is only three, I truly believe he comes close to this number! 


Tummy Picture:  25 weeks, 6 days


  On a different note, we have begun working on the nursery.  I could not ask for a better assistant!
 

No comments: