What a day. We transformed our backyard into a pint sized splash zone for Christian's Splish Splash Birthday Bash. With friends and family present, we celebrated our Little Man's special day. The weather was perfect - sunny but not too hot. I had five different stations set up for the kids - kiddie pools, splash tables, watercolors, bubbles, and sprinklers. The kids, however, never really made it past the pools, which was fine. The squeals of delight that arose from the pools were music to my ears.
We went an unconventional route with the birthday cake. Christian likes cake but LOVES cookies. Therefore, I baked some homemade sugar cookies and had a plethora of icing and sprinkles for the kids to decorate their own. We truly had some artists in our midst. For the adults, I tried my hand at decorating a large M&M cookie cake. The cookie tasted wonderfully rich (it had tons of butter in it). However, I decided I will need to have a lesson or two before I attempt to decorate another cake or cookie.
Here are just a couple of pictures from the big day.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment