Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mickey Mouse

This year, I was determined to make Christian's Halloween costume.  I began asking him what he wanted to dress up as in September.  His first request was Blue from Blue's Clues.  I wracked my mind trying to figure out how to do this.  I found a wonderful pattern but did not know how to make it so I could adjust for the highly variable temperatures in this part of Texas.  One day, he was singing the Mickey Mouse song and and viola!  From that time on, we knew we would have a little Mickey on our hands on October 31rst. 

After getting our ears on, putting on our tail, and donning a nose, we headed down to our good friend's house.  On previous years, Christian had a good time; however, this year the excitement reached a new level.  It bubbled out of his body and was infectious.  As we went throughout the neighborhood, his excitement grew.  I truly believe he was getting a "sugar high" via osmosis!
 
Introducing Mickey

Notice Our Pumpkins:
Christian thought the jack-o-lantern needed stickers

Christian's Best Buds

Mickey and the Adorable Scarecrow (aka Claire)

Trick or Treat!

Where Do We Go Next?

 Excitement Bubbling Over!

The Candy Buzz via Osmosis

Daddy Knows the Way to the Best Candy!

Loving His Candy:
(the bag belonged to his Uncle Fish)


Loving My Mickey!

No comments: