Monday, June 6, 2011

"Lasts"

A good friend of mine once said we are eager to record our little one's "firsts," but we often do not mention the "lasts." I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write about a HUGE set of "lasts" for my Little Man. Christian is taking his first nap without a paci. That sounds like a first, but it also entails a lot of lasts. This morning was the last time my little boy took out his paci and said, "Here you go, Mommy." I have said for the last time, "Time to blup" (for some reason, Christian got a kick out of spitting it out with his tongue). I will never go in his room again to find him sleeping peacefully with his baba (paci) in his mouth, or look back in the car and see him sleeping contentedly, finding comfort in his paci. So I think I will cry a bit more, knowing my little baby boy is truly becoming a little man. Just call it a "mommy thing."

1 comment:

Emily Fiore said...

I'm glad it seems to be going well. I am here to be a shoulder to "cry" on if you need it.