Thursday, October 22, 2009
Buckaroo Banes
Prior to his birth, Christian was affectionately given the name "Buckaroo Banes" by some of our family. He has definitely lived up to his name in recent days. He is our little rough and tumble cowboy!!
This past weekend, we went my aunt and uncle’s house. I spent so many weekends there while I was in college. Their place was a refuge from the stresses of college. It was a time when I could get back to nature and have my soul nurtured through family, fun, and various jobs around the farm. I know Christian will find their home as delightful as I do.
I have been reading a book recently about the advantages of active exploration, as opposed to passive exploration. I had to laugh…one of Christian’s favorite books is “Touch and Feel the Farm Animals.” Talk about an active experience. He showed no fear in my aunt’s arms.
On our way home from this adventure, we met another aunt and uncle and they gave Christian this wonderful cowboy quilt. We will cherish their creativity and hard work for years to come. This is one of the few pictures I have of him proudly sitting up; I usually snap the picture as he is toppling over.
After a long day of cowboy ways, our Buckaroo can relax with the best of them. (I cannot remember what happened to his pants.)
Finally, we are starting solid foods. His first solid was cream of rice cereal. After two weeks of this, we braved the world of vegetables...green peas. I know this may seem like an odd choice for a first fruit or vegetable. However, with the advice of some close friends, we decided to introduce the "difficult" vegetables first. As you can tell, even though he is "the boss" around our house (as the bib states), he was actually quite amenable to the new taste of peas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment